|Full Name||Eddie Lucio III|
|Education||B.B.A., J.D., The University of Texas at Austin.|
Eddie Lucio III was born in Brownsville, Texas on December 19, 1978. He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Business Administration in 2001. In 2005, he earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Texas School of Law.
Eddie was elected to the Texas Legislature at the age of 26. In 2007, he was sworn in to the Texas House of Representatives to represent District 38. A member of the committee on Natural Resources and committee on Government Transparency and Operation, Eddie is currently serving his sixth term in office. During the 85th Legislative Session, he was appointed chairman of the committee on Rules and Resolutions by Speaker Joe Straus. The committee on Rules and Resolutions is the procedural committee with jurisdiction over all rules and procedures of the Texas House of Representatives.
As State Representative, Eddie’s accomplishments encompass areas that are essential to the success of South Texas. Some of these accomplishments include:
• The creation of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and its School of Medicine
• Access to adequate healthcare like the Medicaid Buy-In program for children with special needs
• Expansion of health insurance coverage for children with autism
• Providing college credit for military service
• Establishing student dropout recovery programs for school districts
• Expanding career and technical educational opportunities
• Protecting the environment by investing in Texas water quality needs
• Securing funding for Texas Grant scholarships for college students
Eddie believes the best days of Texas are still ahead of us if we all reach for them together. He has a history of putting partisanship aside, bringing stakeholders together to get things done. Humbled by the faith and support the people in District 38 have given him, Eddie is committed to real progress for the State of Texas—especially the Rio Grande Valley.
Eddie is the proud son of State Senator Eddie Lucio, Jr. and Mrs. Herminia Lucio. He is happily married to Jaime Barrera and they have two children, Olivia Rose and Eduardo Andres, IV. He and his family live in Brownsville where he practices law and operates a fitness studio.
Information in this bio was provided by Lucio's office.
Last updated: April 17, 2018