Gov. Rick Perry appointed:
• Victor Vandergriff of Arlington to the Texas Transportation Commission and reappointed Jeff Austin III to another term on that board. Vandergriff is an attorney and businessman and has been chairman of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Board. Austin is vice chairman of Austin Bank in Jacksonville.
• Hays County Tax Assessor-Collector Luanne Caraway, Robert “Barney” Barnwell III of Magnolia, and Raymond Palacios Jr. of El Paso to the board of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. Barnwell, president of Universal Natural Gas, and Palacios, president of Bravo Chevrolet Cadillac, are being reappointed.
• Thomas Anderson of Richmond and Danny Osterhout of Andrews to the Commission on Human Rights. Both are reappointments. Anderson is human resources director at Houston Community College. Osterhout is vice president of Magneto Service and Supply.
• Mike Novak of San Antonio, president and CEO of the Novak Group, to the Texas Facilities Commission.
• MacGregor Stephenson as his deputy chief of staff and Rich Parsons as deputy director of communications. Stephenson has been at the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Parsons, a former TV reporter, was most recently the spokesman for the Texas Secretary of State.