Interactive: Tracking Texas' Ethics Legislation
State lawmakers have talked a big game this session on transparency and ethics — but with less than a month to go in the 83rd legislative session, the bills they’ve filed haven’t made much progress. Use the dropdown menu to review the different ethics bills by category; the measures with the most recent action appear at the top. This app updates every two hours.
- Campaign Finance – These bills affect laws and reporting around elections and campaign contributions.
- Disclosure – These bills affect how much elected and appointed officials must reveal on personal financial disclosure forms.
- Lobbying – These bills put greater restrictions on lobbyists and elected or appointed officials seeking to move into the lobby.
- Conflict of Interest – These bills seek to dissuade or disclose potential conflicts of interest among elected or appointed officials.
- Misc. Ethics – These bills don’t fall into the other categories but touch on ethics and disclosure.
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.