Rep. Joe Deshotel District 22 (D-Beaumont)
- B.S., Lamar University; J.D., Texas Southern University
- Select Committee on Texas Ports, Innovation & Infrastructure (Chair)
- Public Education
- Economic & Small Business Development
Sources of Income
Deshotel works as a fee attorney for Independence Title, a retainer for Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson LLP and as an independent attorney.
In his 2010 financial statement, he reported a $25,000-plus retainer fee from the law firm Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, which specializes in government collections.
Two residences in Beaumont valued $296,330 and $103,250
- Office in Beaumont valued at $4,790
In 2011 he reported he had "interest in common with lobbyists." The interest was listed as a consulting agreement with Carl R. Griffith & Associates Inc. in Port Arthur.
- Deshotel reported a gift, a $300 Apple gift card, from the Land and Resource Management committee, on which he served as chair in 2015.
- Deshotel wrote an unsuccessful bill during the 2015 legislative session that would have led to the establishment of casinos in Texas. Deshotel has received over $10,000 in campaign contributions from the Chickasaw nation.