A coalition of Texas lawmakers has endorsed Wayne Christian in the Republican runoff for railroad commissioner, Christian's campaign announced Wednesday.
The list includes state Sen. Donna Campbell, of New Braunfels, along with 16 state representatives. Two Republican nominees for House seats have also endorsed Christian, a former state representative, according to his campaign (See the full list below.).
"Wayne Christian is a conservative champion who has fought to shrink the size of government, advance liberty and protect the rights of Texans,” Campbell said in a news release.
The endorsements come one day after the commission's Chairman Barry Smitherman announced his support of Ryan Sitton, Christian's opponent in the Republican runoff. Christian led Sitton by 12 percentage points in the initial balloting last month.
List of legislators and candidates endorsing Christian
- Sen. Donna Campbell, R-New Braunfels
- Rep. Dan Flynn, R-Van
- Rep. Bryan Hughes – R-Mineola
- Rep. Travis Clardy – R-Nacogdoches
- Rep. James White – R-Hillister
- Rep. Rick Miller – R-Sugar Land
- Rep. Jodie Laubenberg – R-Parker
- Rep. Phil King – R-Weatherford
- Rep. Larry Phillips – R-Sherman
- Rep. Drew Springer – R-Muenster
- Rep. Charles Perry – R-Lubbock
- Rep. Matt Krause – R-Fort Worth
- Rep. Bill Zedler – R-Arlington
- Rep. Giovanni Capriglione – R-Southlake
- Rep. Allen Fletcher – R-Tomball
- Rep. Bill Callegari – R-Katy
- Rep. Gary Elkins – R-Houston
- Republican Nominee, Stuart Spitzer – House District 4
- Republican Nominee, Matt Rinaldi – House District 115