Below you’ll find The Texas Tribune’s offerings to media, nonprofit organizations, associations and entities for the 2020 general election. We invite you to embed our election results scoreboard, republish our stories using our simple republishing guidelines, reference our tools and link to our election features.
For questions, contact Natalie Choate, director of marketing and communications at The Texas Tribune, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what’s available to you now heading into Election Day:
Our election results scoreboard embed — The Trib’s embeddable election scoreboard is returning for the 2020 general election, now with results from Decision Desk HQ. This feature is customizable and can prioritize Texas races that matter to your readers most. Live information will begin appearing in the embed at 8 p.m. Central time on Nov. 3.
- Embed builder - Use this to build out the Tribune’s scorecard on your site and choose your highlighted races.
- Embed tester - Preview the scoreboard embed for general functionality. (NOTE: The scoreboard may render differently on your site.)
- Check out the election results graphics and maps for TV coverage
- The scoreboard and maps are embargoed until midnight on Nov. 3, 2020.
- All data will be populated as it is received from Decision Desk HQ.
- Race results are limited to those provided to Decision Desk HQ by the secretary of state’s office and will not include county race results.
Non-broadcast media partners: Below is a preview of how the scoreboard will look for you.
Broadcast partners: We invite you to use the speciality-made broadcast scoreboard/maps. Below is a preview of how they will look for you on-air. Please continue to reference The Texas Tribune on air as you include our tools in your coverage. We’re comfortable with a reference along the lines of, “Our media partners at The Texas Tribune show…” For questions, email email@example.com.
- Keep tabs on our latest political coverage — Bookmark two tabs that house the Tribune’s election-related coverage: texastribune.org/topics/politics and texastribune.org/series/texas-2020-election-voting/. See an article that you’d like to republish? Grab and go by using the gray republish button at the top right of republishable stories. If you don’t see that gray button, it can’t be republished.
Resources to highlight and incorporate into your election coverage:
- Texas’ Early Voting Tracker — Updated daily with data from the Texas secretary of state’s office, The Texas Tribune’s Early Voting Tracker is your definitive source of early voting totals in Texas. Features include a high-level “what you need to know” section to contextualize this information, voting totals by county, an ability to search for data by county and more. Not available for republishing. Feel free to link to this resource. If referenced on-air please mention The Texas Tribune.
- Voter Guide — Voting in Texas: Everything You Need to Know — Our robust voter guide provides Texans with everything they need to know about casting a general election ballot. Here you’ll find information on voting during the pandemic, key dates, information on mail-in voting and voting in person, what to expect to see on your ballot and more. Not available for republishing. Feel free to link to this resource. If referenced on-air please mention The Texas Tribune.
- Here’s Your Texas 2020 General Election Ballot — We’ve dropped everything voters can expect to see on their election ballot into this page alongside a new special feature — a tool that will generate what your specific ballot will look like based on where you live. Not available for republishing. Feel free to link to this resource. If referenced on-air please mention The Texas Tribune.
- Elected Officials Directory — Searchable by ZIP code, this database includes elected officials’ bios, contact information, previous election results and financial disclosures. Not available for republishing. Feel free to link to this resource. If referenced on-air please mention The Texas Tribune.