Trib+Health brings you a listing of meetings, conferences and other events of note in the Texas health community:
Thursday, Oct. 13
- World Thrombosis Day, learn more here.
Tuesday, Oct. 18
- Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council's 68th Annual Awards Luncheon, Arlington Convention Center, 1200 Ballpark Way, Arlington (11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
Thursday, Oct. 20
- Harris County Psychiatric Center's 30th Anniversary Reception; 2800 S. MacGregor Way, Hospital-Wide Education Building (HWE), Houston (2:30 - 5:30 p.m.)
Saturday, Oct. 22
- The Prescription Opiate Epidemic: What All Health Professionals Must Know; Baylor University Medical Center, Truett Building, Beasley Auditorium, 3500 Gaston Ave., Dallas (8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Baylor Scott &White Health & Wellness Booth, SFC Farmer's Market; 422 Guadalupe St., Austin (9 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
Trib+Health also brings you the latest hires, promotions and appointments of note in the Texas health community:
Run Wang has been elected to a two-year term as president of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America. A urologist, Wang is a professor at the McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and is also the director of sexual medicine in the Department of Urology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Got any job or appointment announcements? Let us know. We'll publish as we receive them. Please send to email@example.com