What: A Symposium on Health Care is a daylong panel event tackling major issues in health care in Texas. Topics of discussion will include health care policy and the 84th legislative session, controversy at the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, the challenges of running a hospital in today’s political and regulatory environment and the fight over telemedicine and telehealth.
Who: Hosted by the Texas Tribune, in partnership with Huston-Tillotson University. Panelists include:
- State Rep. Myra Crownover, R-Denton, chairwoman of the House Public Health Committee
- State Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, chairman of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee
- Kyle Janek, executive commissioner of Texas Health and Human Services
- Billy Hamilton, head of Gov. Abbott’s HHSC strike force
- John Warner, CEO of UT Southwestern University Hospitals
- Israel Rocha, CEO of Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
- Nora Belcher, executive director of Texas e-Health Alliance
- Jason Gorevic, CEO and president of Teladoc Inc.
Where: Huston-Tillotson University, 900 Chicon St., Austin, TX 78702
When: Monday, May 4, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.