Through its political action committee, the Lone Star Chapter of the Sierra Club on Monday endorsed Brown, who has been outspoken on environmental issues during his race for an open seat on the three-member commission.
“Steve’s proactive plan to adopt meaningful water conservation policies, such as phasing out the use of freshwater for fracking and reduction of wastewater injection well permits, is a step in the right direction for an agency that has fallen far short of the mark when it comes to protecting the public’s interests,” David Griggs, political chairman of the Lone Star Chapter, said in a statement.
Read these stories to learn more about the candidates’ positions on major issues.
- Railroad Commission Hopefuls Discuss Disposal Well Plan
- Brown Calls for More Transparency in Pipeline Decisions
- Race for Railroad Commissioner Revives Overhaul Talk
- Railroad Commission's Media Policy Draws Concerns
- Brown: Halt Fracking Waste Disposal Wells by 2020
- Libertarian Candidate Faults Railroad Commission for Denton Anti-Fracking Push
- Libertarian Miller Proposes "Common Carrier" Changes