In the Republican runoff for railroad commissioner, Wayne Christian has notched endorsements from several Texans who had previously backed Malachi Boyuls for the open seat, Christian's campaign said Wednesday.
Boyuls, an oil and gas investor, was knocked out of the race after finishing fourth in the initial balloting.
Among the supporters is Victor Carrillo, who served on the Railroad Commission from 2003 through 2010. The list includes a few endorsements Christian had already announced.
“Malachi Boyuls ran a great campaign and has a bright future in conservative politics,” Christian said in a statement. “I am honored that so many of his former supporters have decided to support me in the runoff.”
In an increasingly contentious race, the former state representative faces Ryan Sitton, an oil and gas engineer. Christian led Sitton by 12 percentage points in the March balloting.
Here are the former Boyuls supporters now endorsing Christian:
- Victor Carrillo, former Texas railroad commissioner
- Cathie Adams, former Republican Party of Texas chairwoman
- Collin County Conservative Republicans
- Texas Cattle Raisers Association
- Kingwood Tea Party
- Texas Tea Party Patriots PAC
- Grassroots America – We the People
- State Rep. Matt Krause, R-Fort Worth
- Kelly Shackelford, president of the Plano-based Liberty Institute