Ryan Sitton on Tuesday released a long list of endorsements, including investing giant T. Boone Pickens, chairman of BP Capital Management; Steve Hotze, founder of Conservative Republicans of Texas; and former GOP gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams, chairman of Clayton Williams Energy.
“Ryan Sitton has built a successful energy engineering business from the ground up," Hotze said in a statement. "He understands that a thriving oil and gas industry is not only good for Texas but also good for America.”
Earlier this month, Sitton’s campaign reported having nearly $1.28 million cash on hand — more than any of his competitors — though that total included a $1 million loan issued on the last day of the reporting period. The oil and gas engineer reported raising more than $348,000 over the period, which stretches back to July.
The Texas Tribune thanks its sponsors. Become one.
Here is the full list of endorsements Sitton’s campaign circulated:
- Steve Hotze, founder, Conservative Republicans of Texas
- Terry Towry, The Link Letter, What’s Up Radio host
- Mark Ellis, CEO, Linn Energy
- Rich Kinder, CEO, Kinder Morgan Energy
- Clayton Williams, Chairman, Clayton Williams Energy
- Ned Holmes, CEO, Prosperity Bancshares, Houston “C” Club
- T. Boone Pickens, Chairman, BP Capital Management
- Carolyn Hodges, Past President Texas Federation of Republican Women
- Frank Burke, CEO, Brigadier Oil
- Tony Pelletier, CEO, Alamo Resources
- Kenny Koncaba, CEO Texan Bank
- Don Jordan, Former CEO, Reliant Energy
- Joe Swinbank, CEO, Sprint Services
- Artemio Muniz, President, Federation of Hispanic Republicans
- Trey Lary, Allen, Boone, Humphries, and Robison, LLP
- Maura Thomas, Founder, Regain Your Time, Inc.
- Les Ballard, Ballard Exploration and Production
- John Schiller, CEO, Energy XXI
- Brad Boney, Member, Houston Realty Business Coalition
- Victor Leal, Owner, Leal’s Restaurant
- Juandelle Lacy, Past President, Midland Republican Women
- Marisa Smith, Austin Republican Women
- Heidi Thiess, State and National Tea Party Leader, Conservative Radio Host, and Cityof League City Council Member
- Chad McNair, CEO, Aspen Beverages
- Johnny Isbell, Mayor of Pasadena, Apache Oil
- Leslie Brummer, Texas Federation of Republican Women State Board of Directors
- Kaye Moreno, Texas Federation of Republican Women, Regional President
- Linda Kinney, Dripping Springs, State Republican Executive Committee Member for SD 25, 2012 RPT Delegate, 2012 RNC Delegate
- Kinnan Goleman, President, KG Strategies
- James Barnes, State Republican Executive Committee Member SD 19, 2012 RPT Delegate
- Paul Bracher, President, Frost Bank
- Don Sparks, CEO, Discovery Operating
- Quentin Baker, CEO, Baker Risk
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.