New in The Texas Tribune:
- Report: Texas' Energy Use Could Exceed Capacity by 2022: "Some Texans could face blackouts in 10 years as a result of electricity shortages, according to a report released Tuesday by the power grid operator for most of the state."
- In HD-6, Berman Faces Fight on Two Fronts: "State Rep. Leo Berman, R-Tyler, is fighting to defeat cancer and a challenger who is giving the seven-term incumbent the first serious threat of his career."
- Rep. Beck Battles School Board President in HD-57: "State Rep. Marva Beck, R-Centerville, faces a stiff GOP primary challenge in HD-57 from Trent Ashby, the president of the school board in Lufkin, where because of redistricting, she is seen as the 'new kid on the block.' But she has racked up endorsements from Gov. Rick Perry and other statewide officials."
- Progress Texas Report: Virtual Schools Failing, Unaccountable: "A report out Tuesday from Progress Texas blasts virtual schools for having high dropout rates, high student-teacher ratios and low academic performance — and using state money to fund schools run by for-profit businesses."
- Appeals court orders retrial in Galveston Open Beaches Act case (Houston Chronicle): "A federal appeals court Monday ruled that the Texas Open Beaches Act is unconstitutional in the case of a Galveston Island property, a ruling that puts the fate of Texas public beaches in doubt."