Skip to main content
The Texas Tribune-ProPublica Investigative Unit

How to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in your home

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, colorless gas that can cause serious injury or even death if inhaled in high quantities. Here’s how you can keep your home and family safe.

By Perla Trevizo, The Texas Tribune and ProPublica, and Suzy Khimm, NBC News
Lead image for this article

Texans need truth. Help us report it.

Support independent Texas news

Become a member. Join today.

Donate now

Explore related story topics

Health care Carbon monoxide