As the 2020 primary begins to heat up, The Texas Tribune and SXSW are bringing you two full days of live interviews with declared candidates and political pundits. Check out the schedule below. All times are Central.
- 11 a.m.: U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minnesota., speaks with Kara Swisher, co-founder and editor-at-large of Recode.
- 12:30 p.m.: Former Gov. John Kasich, R-Ohio, speaks with Washington Post associate editor David Maraniss.
- 2 p.m.: U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Massachusetts, speaks with TIME editor at large Anand Giridharadas.
- 3:30 p.m.: South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg speaks with Ana Marie Cox, the host of the Crooked Media podcast “With Friends Like These."
- 5 p.m.: Former Gov. Bill Weld speaks with Wired contributing editor Garrett M. Graff.
- 9:30 a.m.: Gov. Jay Inslee, D-Washington, speaks with Jane Coaston, senior politics reporter at Vox.
- 11 a.m.: Julián Castro, former secretary of Housing and Urban Development, speaks with HuffPost Editor-in-Chief Lydia Polgreen.
- 12:30 p.m.: Former Gov. John Hickenlooper, D-Colorado, speaks with BuzzFeed Editor-in-Chief Ben Smith.
- 2 p.m.: U.S. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-California, speaks with Politico senior writer Jake Sherman and senior Washington correspondent Anna Palmer.
Conversations worth having
The Texas Tribune is on a mission to raise the level of civic engagement in — and beyond — Texas, and we need your help to make it happen. Support more conversations like these by becoming a Texas Tribune member today at texastribune.org/join.