Trib+Water brings you a listing of meetings, conferences and other events of note in the Texas water community:
Wednesday, Dec. 14
- Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority Board of Directors Meeting; 933 E. Court St., Seguin (10 a.m.)
Thursday, Dec. 15
- Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan, Implementing Committee and Stakeholder Committee; 901 E. Quincy St., San Antonio (9 a.m.)
- Texas Water Development Board Meeting; Stephen F. Austin Bldg., Room 170, 1700 N. Congress Ave., Austin (9:30 a.m.)
- North Texas Municipal Water District, Work Session & Board Meeting; 501 E. Brown St., Wylie (4 p.m.)
- Barton Springs Edwards Aquifer Conservation District Meeting; 1124 Regal Row, Austin (6 p.m.)
Wednesday, Dec. 21
- San Antonio River Authority Board of Directors Meeting; 100 E. Guenther St., San Antonio (2 p.m.)
Items for the Texas Water Events calendar are collected and curated by Todd Votteler, Editor-in-Chief of the Texas Water Journal. Additional calendar events can be found here.
Trib+Water also brings you the latest hires, promotions and appointments of note in the water community:
Gov. Greg Abbott announced last week the appointment of Jim Lattimore of Graford to the Brazos River Authority Board of Directors for a term to expire Feb. 1, 2019.
Lattimore is owner of environmental services consulting firm The Lattimore Company.
Abbott also appointed four new members — Allan P. Bloxsom III of Kendalia, Amy Clark of Three Rivers, Gary Moore of Portland and Travis Pruski of Floresville — and reappointed two members — Eric Burnett of Portland and Tommy Ramirez of Devine — to the Nueces River Authority Board of Directors.
All six were named to terms to expire Feb. 1, 2021.
Finally, Abbott on Tuesday reappointed Alan Conner of Dayton to the Coastal Water Authority Board of Directors for a term to run until April 1, 2018.
Got any job or appointment announcements? Let us know. We'll publish as we receive them. Please send to email@example.com.