Trib+Water brings you a listing of meetings, conferences and other events of note in the Texas water community:
Wednesday, Oct. 5
- Texas Water Development Board Meeting; Stephen F. Austin Bldg., Room 170, 1700 N. Congress Ave., Austin (9:30 a.m.)
- Groundwater Management Area 1 Joint Planning Meeting; Panhandle Regional Planning Commission Board Room, 415 W. Eighth St., Amarillo (2 p.m.)
Tuesday, Oct. 11
- TWDB Financial Assistance Workshop; Corsicana Public Library, Room 100, N. 12th St., Corsicana (9 a.m.)
- Water Forum VII; Pearl Stable, 307 Pearl Pkwy., San Antonio (10 a.m.)
- Groundwater Management Area 12 Joint Planning Meeting; Milano Civic Center, 120 West Ave., Milano (2 p.m.)
- Edwards Aquifer Authority Board of Directors, 900 E. Quincy, San Antonio (3 p.m.)
Wednesday, Oct. 12
- Groundwater Management Area 13 Joint Planning Meeting; Evergreen Underground Water Conservation District, 110 Wyoming Blvd., Pleasanton (10 a.m.)
- Lower Colorado (Region K) Regional Water Planning Group (RWPG) regular meeting; Dalchau Service Center, 3505 Montopolis Drive, Austin (10 a.m.)
- Texas Water Conservation Association, Fall Conference; San Antonio Wyndham Riverwalk Hotel, 111 E. Pecan St., San Antonio (Oct. 12-14)
Thursday, Oct. 13
- Texas House Natural Resources Interim Hearing; Texas Capitol Extension, E2.010, 1100 N. Congress Ave., Austin (1 p.m.)
Items for the Texas Water Events calendar are collected and curated by Todd Votteler, Editor-in-Chief of the Texas Water Journal. Additional calendar events can be found here.
Trib+Water also brings you the latest hires, promotions and appointments of note in the water community:
Ed Archuleta, who is largely responsible for the placement of a water desalination plant in El Paso, was given the Texas Desalination Pioneer Award by the Texas Desalination Association at its annual conference in Austin last week.
Currently the director of water initiatives at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), Archuleta previously served as president and CEO of El Paso Water Utilities.
Got any job or appointment announcements? Let us know. We'll publish as we receive them. Please send to email@example.com