Key meetings and events for the coming week.
Friday, April 29
- Eight-day pre-election campaign finance reports are due ahead of the May 7 House District special elections in HD-120 and HD-139.
- Annie’s List Austin Luncheon, featuring keynote speaker Sandra Fluke; Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd., Austin (12-1:15 p.m.)
Saturday, April 30
- Network of Texas IAF Organizations' celebration of 40 years of organizing; The Whitley Center, Oblate School of Theology, 285 Oblate Drive, San Antonio (11 a.m.)
Sunday, May 1
- Democracy Awakening rally, featuring speakers U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Austin, and political commentator Mark McKinnon; Texas Capitol, 1100 Congress Ave., Austin (1-3 p.m.)
Monday, May 2
- Texas Peace Officers’ Memorial Ceremony, with medal presenter Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick; Texas Capitol South Steps, 1100 Congress Ave., Austin (11 a.m.)
Tuesday, May 3
- Presidential nominating contest: Indiana
- Early voting ends ahead of the May 7 House District special elections in HD-120 and HD-139.
- State Rep. John Cyrier, R-Lockhart, re-election victory and birthday party; Sabre Commercial, Inc., 2001 Chicon St., Austin (4-7 p.m.)
- State Sen. Kelly Hancock, R-N. Richland Hills, fundraiser; 12 Niles Road, Austin (5:30-7 p.m.)
Thursday, May 5
- Capital For Texas Small Business Forum, hosted by the Texas Department of Agriculture; Texas Capitol, 1100 Congress Ave., Austin (8 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- State Rep. John Frullo, R-Lubbock, fundraiser; Austin Club, 110 E. Ninth St., Austin (4-5:30 p.m.)
- Cinco de Mayo Festival - Celebrating A Luna Scholars Quinceañera, hosted by state Sen. Sylvia Garcia, D-Houston, and members of the Senate Hispanic Caucus; Hotel Ella, 1900 Rio Grande St., Austin (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
Quality journalism doesn't come free
Perhaps it goes without saying — but producing quality journalism isn't cheap. At a time when newsroom resources and revenue across the country are declining, The Texas Tribune remains committed to sustaining our mission: creating a more engaged and informed Texas with every story we cover, every event we convene and every newsletter we send. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Do you value our journalism? Show us with your support.Yes, I'll donate today