This year The Texas Tribune averaged about one event per week. Nearly all of them were livestreamed, with full video posted after the fact. In most of those cases we also posted shorter clips that jumped out at us: provocative bits of conversation, unexpected exchanges, refreshing moments of candor.
These ten selections from some of our favorite conversations with elected officials and other thought leaders offer a snapshot of 2015’s hot topics: guns, conservatism, local control, the presidential campaign and, as ever, college sports. Enjoy.
1. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on open carry
2. UT System Chancellor Bill McRaven on campus carry
3. Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price and Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings on local control
4. State Sen. Kevin Eltife on the definition of conservative
5. U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro on the 2016 presidential race
6. Texas A&M System Chancellor John Sharp on the Aggies vs. the Longhorns
7. State Rep. Dennis Bonnen on property tax cuts
8. Patrick on his conservative critics
9. University of Texas at Austin President Greg Fenves on the departure of Athletic Director Steve Patterson
10. Baylor University President and Chancellor Ken Starr on campus carry