Key meetings and events for the coming week.
Friday, Feb. 7
- TribLive event with state Sen. Kel Seliger and state Reps. John Smithee and Walter "Four" Price; West Texas A&M University, Canyon (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Campaign rally for state Senate candidate Don Huffines, featuring U.S. Sen. Rand Paul; Frontiers of Flight Museum, Dallas (6 p.m.)
Saturday, Feb. 8
- Harris County Republican Party's Lincoln-Reagan Day Dinner; Hilton Post Oak, Houston (7 p.m.)
Wednesday, Feb. 12
- Fundraising reception for Attorney General Greg Abbott, featuring Gov. Rick Perry, at the home of Zoe and Tony Buzbee; 1722 River Oaks Blvd., Houston (6 p.m.)
- Transportation town hall with state Rep. Giovanni Capriglione; Colleyville Center, Colleyville (7-8:30 p.m.)
Thursday, Feb. 13
- TribLive event with agriculture commissioner candidate Sid Miller; Austin Club, Austin (8 a.m.)
- Birthday celebration for state Rep. Chris Paddie, featuring Speaker Joe Straus; Lambert's Downtown Barbecue, Austin (5-7 p.m.)
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.
Quality journalism doesn't come free
Perhaps it goes without saying — but producing quality journalism isn't cheap. At a time when newsroom resources and revenue across the country are declining, The Texas Tribune remains committed to sustaining our mission: creating a more engaged and informed Texas with every story we cover, every event we convene and every newsletter we send. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Do you value our journalism? Show us with your support.Yes, I'll donate today