Key meetings and events for the coming week.
Saturday, Nov. 9
- Texas Civil Rights Project Bill of Rights Dinner; University of Texas Alumni Center, Austin (7:30 p.m.)
Tuesday, Nov. 11
- Texas Legislative Black Caucus 2013 Golf Classic; Grey Rock Golf Club, Austin (10 a.m.)
Thursday, Nov. 14
- NARAL Pro-Choice Celebration of Choice; North Door, Austin (6-9 p.m.)
- Center for Public Policy Priorities 2013 Legacy Luncheon; Four Seasons Austin (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Fundraiser for state Rep. Garnet Coleman; Austin Club (5-7 p.m.)
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.
Quality journalism doesn't come free
Perhaps it goes without saying — but producing quality journalism isn't cheap. At a time when newsroom resources and revenue across the country are declining, The Texas Tribune remains committed to sustaining our mission: creating a more engaged and informed Texas with every story we cover, every event we convene and every newsletter we send. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Do you value our journalism? Show us with your support.Yes, I'll donate today