Committee hearings for the coming week.
Monday, March 18
- House Appropriations Subcommittee on Budget Transparency and Reform, 9 a.m.
- Senate Finance Subcommittee on Fiscal Matters, 9 a.m.
- Senate State Affairs, 9 a.m.
- House International Trade and Intergovernmental Affairs, 10 a.m.
- Senate Administration, 11 a.m.
- Senate Nominations, 11 a.m.
- House Elections, 2 p.m.
- House Government Efficiency and Reform, 2 p.m.
- House Investments and Financial Services, 2 p.m.
- House Judiciary and Civil Jurisprudence, 2 p.m.
- House Land and Resource Management, 2 p.m.
- House Pensions, 2 p.m.
- House Technology, 2 p.m.
- House Ways and Means, 2 p.m.
- Senate Open Government, 2 p.m.
- House Economic and Small Business Development, 2:30 p.m.
- Senate Agriculture, Rural Affairs and Homeland Security, 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 19
- House Natural Resources, 8 a.m.
- House Transportation, 8 a.m.
- Senate Education, 8:30 a.m.
- Senate Health and Human Services, 9 a.m.
- House Business and Industry, 10:30 a.m.
- House Criminal Jurisprudence, 10:30 a.m.
- House Environmental Regulation, 10:30 a.m.
- House Human Services, 11:30 a.m.
- House Licensing and Administrative Procedures, noon
- House Select Committee on Transparency in State Agency Operations, 1 p.m.
- House Criminal Justice, 1:30 p.m.
- House Jurisprudence, 1:30 p.m.
- House Insurance, 2 p.m.
- House Public Education, 2 p.m.
Wednesday, March 20
- House Agriculture and Livestock, 8 a.m.
- Senate Transportation, 8 a.m.
- Senate Veteran Affairs and Military Installations, 1:30 p.m.
- House Corrections, 2 p.m.
Thursday, March 21
- House Defense and Veterans' Affairs, 8 a.m.
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.
Quality journalism doesn't come free
Perhaps it goes without saying — but producing quality journalism isn't cheap. At a time when newsroom resources and revenue across the country are declining, The Texas Tribune remains committed to sustaining our mission: creating a more engaged and informed Texas with every story we cover, every event we convene and every newsletter we send. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Do you value our journalism? Show us with your support.Yes, I'll donate today