Last May during the primaries we debuted our Election Scoreboard, a customizable and up-to-the-minute dashboard of all statewide election results. For this week’s general election, we’re taking it a step further by allowing you to embed the scoreboard on your own website free of charge.
Whether you’re interested in tracking all 243 races like we are or just a single contest of interest in your corner of Texas, the Election Scoreboard fits your needs. All you need is our embed tool and a little basic HTML knowledge. Here’s how to host your own scoreboard:
- Go to the Tribune's Election Scoreboard
- Select the "Save" tab under each race you want to track
- Once you've selected all of your races, click on "My Races" at the top of the page
- Click the "Embed" button
- A pop-up appears with your personalized HTML code – copy all of it
- Paste that HTML code onto your website wherever you want it to appear
That's it! Your scoreboard is an iframe with a unique URL reflecting all of the races you selected. Your customized score cards take up as much room as you give them. Let them stretch across a full page, or squeeze them down to a single column, if you like, and they'll adapt.
We can't wait to see what you do with the Election Scoreboard on your site. See you Tuesday!