Key meetings and events for the coming week.
Saturday, March 31:
- Deadline for the latest quarterly fundraising period for federal candidates (president, U.S. Senate, Congress)
Tuesday, April 3:
- House Pensions, Investments and Financial Services Committee meeting on Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform (10 a.m.)
Fundraiser: Vicki Truitt, Austin Club, 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 4:
- Primaries are on everyone's minds, but state agencies are already starting to put their budgets together in advance of next year's legislative session. The Department of Aging and Disability Services will meet at 3 p.m. to gather input on its 2014-15 appropriations request.
- Fundraiser: Texas House Leadership Fund, with Speaker Joe Straus and Republican House chairmen, Headliners Club, Austin, 7:30 p.m.
- Fundraiser: Jeff Wentworth, Austin Club, 11 a.m.
- Fundraiser: Jacquie Chaumette, Austin Club, 4:30 p.m.
- Fundraiser: Barbara Nash, Austin Club, 4:30 p.m.
Fundraiser: J.M. Lozano, Austin Land & Cattle, 5 p.m.
Fundraiser: John Garza, Austin Club, 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 5:
- Fundraiser: Wendy Davis, Four Seasons, Austin, 8:30 a.m.
- Fundraiser: Dan Flynn, Bill Zedler, Austin Club, 4:30 p.m.
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.
Quality journalism doesn't come free
Perhaps it goes without saying — but producing quality journalism isn't cheap. At a time when newsroom resources and revenue across the country are declining, The Texas Tribune remains committed to sustaining our mission: creating a more engaged and informed Texas with every story we cover, every event we convene and every newsletter we send. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Do you value our journalism? Show us with your support.Yes, I'll donate today