Your afternoon reading:
- "A judicial panel on Monday refused to change its decision to toss out a public warning issued against Presiding Judge Sharon Keller of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals." — Panel does not change decision in Keller case, San Antonio Express-News
- "The money-laundering trial of Tom DeLay is going so slow that Thanksgiving is looming over the proceedings." — Delays in Tom DeLay trial?, Postcards
- "For months prior to the election, the favorite speculation game in Austin was, What number of Republicans members would it take to undermine Joe Straus’s chances of keeping his speakership. I don’t think anyone guessed 99. But that’s the number, and the forces on the right wasted no time in firing the first shot at Straus." — The old cabal game II, BurkaBlog
New in The Texas Tribune:
- "Today, University of North Texas System Chancellor Lee Jackson announced his intention to nominate V. Lane Rawlins as the sole finalist for the presidency of the University of North Texas." — Rawlins to be Sole Finalist for UNT Presidency
- "After a month of contentious debate, the future of a partnership between the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College that has flourished for the last two decades remains up in the air." — UT Regents Hope to Rescue Higher Ed Partnership
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.