Your afternoon reading:
- "State Rep. Donna Howard, D-Austin, is leading her Republican opponent, Dan Neil, by 15 votes. That guarantees a recount." — GOP Texas House majority could still grow, Texas Politics
- "The speaker’s race in the Texas House is on, a challenger said today. The sitting speaker, however, said he’s got more support than he needs to keep the job." — Speaker race is still on, Chisum says, Postcards
- "On the heels of his re-election victory, GOP Gov. Rick Perry is getting out of Texas." — Perry plans: New York, D.C., The Daily Show, Texas Politics
- "Republican Reps. Joe Barton and Fred Upton easily won re-election yesterday — but the real contest is just beginning." — For Joe Barton, the real campaign now begins — for energy committee chair, Texas on the Potomac
New in The Texas Tribune:
- "As Gov. Rick Perry won another four years in office last night and his Democratic challenger, Bill White, conceded defeat, both men hinted at what they might do next." — Rick Perry Hints at Future Races
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.