Your afternoon reading:
- "An overwhelming majority of Texas side with Gov. Rick Perry in his ongoing battle with the federal government over education funding." — Poll: Texans overwhelmingly side with Perry in fight with feds over education dollars, Texas on the Potomac
- "Tea Party favorite Ron Paul isn't impressed with his party's Pledge to America, according to CQ. … But Jeb Hensarling, another Republican whose main concern is reducing the debt and reducing spending, maintains that the pledge is a good start -- even though it doesn't tackle the federal programs that are mostly to blame for long-term deficits." — Hensarling takes Republican Pledge To America, Trail Blazers
- "Should we add to the short list of must-pass bills for next session a bill to create a state health insurance exchange?" — Is health exchange a must-pass bill for 2011?, Trail Blazers
New in The Texas Tribune:
- "In the latest poll from Rasmussen Reports, Gov. Rick Perry maintains a six-point lead over his Democratic challenger, Bill White." — Perry Holds Six-Point Lead Over White in Rasmussen Poll
- "Film crews tweet the darndest things..." — Dewhurst Gets Unwanted Stage Notes on Ad
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.