Your afternoon reading:
- "Can one Democrat hell-bent on revenge, with a hand from the 'Texas George Soros,' reverse Tom DeLay's redistricting power grab?" — Don't Mess With Texas Democrats, Mother Jones
- The New York Times appears to have moved the race for Texas governor from "lean Republican" to "tossup."
- "Houston far outpaces other Texas cities in the amount of federal spending received for emergency federal projects over the last 19 months to help combat the ill-effects of the recession." — Houston reaping most federal stimulus spending, Texas on the Potomac
- "Only 40 percent of congressional candidates — the lowest percentage since this survey began in 1992 — will say where they stand on key issues, according to a new survey by Project Vote Smart." — Candidates won't say?, PoliTex
- "The politically powerful hospital was poised to lose millions in Medicaid reimbursements under a hospital funding shuffle — until it reached out to lawmakers with its concerns." — Hospital Lobbies to Protect Valley Funding
- "The author of Crazy: A Father's Search Through America's Mental Health Madness on the criminalization of mental illness, the need for community-wide solutions and how Texas wastes the money it spends on the problem." — Author Talks About Criminalizing the Mentally Ill