Your afteroon reading:
- "Rick Perry campaign mediameister David Weeks has produced a pair of negative TV commercials targeting Democratic challenger Bill White. The attack ads raise questions about White's business dealings with a turbine company that the city of Houston hired during a hurricane and a report about budget problems in Houston."
- "U.S. Rep. Chet Edwards (D-Waco) has thrown down the gauntlet and challenged Bryan Republican Bill Flores to a series of debates, bucking a trend set by incumbents such as Gov. Rick Perry, Attorney General Greg Abbott and state school board member Ken Mercer (all Republicans)." — Incumbent U.S. Rep. Edwards challenges Flores to series of debates, Trail Blazers
- "State Rep. Todd Hunter, R-Corpus Christi, mediated a $189 million settlement for homeowners, including plaintiffs represented by Steve Mostyn, in the weeks after the prominent Democratic donor's firm gave $25,000 to Hunter's campaign." — Hunter accepted $25K from Dem mega-donor Mostyn's firm, then mediated firm's Ike lawsuit, Texas Watchdog
- "Film School Rejects has an example of the short films being made on behalf of Democrat Bill White as he challenges GOP Gov. Rick Perry." — "I am Rick Perry", Texas Politics
New in The Texas Tribune:
- “I tend not to hold back,” said state Rep. Debbie Riddle, R-Tomball, at a Wednesday morning TribLive event. True to her word, she went on to denounce what she referred to as the “liberal, progressive, godless way.” — Debbie Riddle on "Liberal, Progressive, Godless Way"
- "Fighting to keep his seat from Republican challenger Bill Flores, incumbent U.S. Rep. Chet Edwards, D-Waco, went on the air Wednesday with a new television ad highlighting his support for veterans." — Chet Edwards Releases Ad Highlighting Support for Vets