Sen. Eddie Lucio Jr. District 27 (D-Brownsville )
- Consultant, Business Executive
- B.S., Pan American University
- Senate Finance Subcommittee on Fiscal Matters
- Senate Select Committee on Redistricting
- Veteran Affairs & Military Installations
- Border Security Subcommittee
Sources of Income
Lucio is the president of advertising and consulting at Rio Shelters Inc. in Brownsville.
No properties listed
In 2008, Lucio was indicted by the Willacy County district attorney — alongside then-Vice President Dick Cheney and former former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales — and accused of profiting from his public office by accepting honoraria from the private prison industry. The charges were dropped after a judge ruled the indictment failed to address whether Lucio, who had been accused of trying to steer construction of private detention facilities to the GEO Group, knew he was being hired as a consultant because he was a state senator. Lucio vowed he was innocent and had done nothing wrong.