Sen. Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa District 20 (D-McAllen)
- B.S., Pan American University; J.D., Georgetown University
- Agriculture, Water and Rural Affairs
- Finance (Vice-Chair)
- Criminal Justice
- Natural Resources and Economic Development
- Legislative Budget Board
Sources of Income
Hinojosa is a lawyer at the Hinojosa Law Firm, where he does commercial litigation mostly on the defense side, as well as criminal law and appellate work.
Residential property in McAllen valued at $382,742
Condo in Austin valued at $245,671
20 acres in Hidalgo County valued at $4,177
- Border Health PAC: $626,750
- TTLA PAC: $111,848
- Sam Susser: $86,267
- TREPAC/Texas Association of Realtors - PAC: $82,585
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association PAC: $75,000
- Texas Medical Association: $52,544
- Texas Bail PAC: $45,767
- AT&T TEXAS PAC: $41,864
- BG Distribution Partners PAC: $41,000
- Joseph F. Phillips: $38,200
In his campaign report, Hinojosa reports that he paid his Capitol staffers thousands of dollars in "supplemental salary" from his campaign account. This is permitted by state ethics law.
In 2009 and 2011, Hinojosa filed 10 bills related to health care and Medicaid that could potentially affect his biggest donor, the Border Health PAC. He filed another dozen bills on the topic in 2013.