Rep. Charles "Doc" Anderson District 56 (R-Waco)
Sources of Income
Anderson is a veterinarian at Anderson Veterinary Hospital in Waco.
He cites Princess III Corp of Henderson, an oil and gas company, as a source of income.
Residence in Lorena valued at $103,000
Veterinary hospital in Waco valued at $210,000
Land in Robinson valued at $216,000
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $448,868
- Joe R. Strauss III C/OH Campaign Account: $147,500
- Joe R. Straus III C/OH Campaign Acct.: $97,500
- Bob Perry: $97,000
- Joe Strauss: $77,500
- James and Cecilia Leininger: $50,000
- Texas House Leadership Fund: $49,000
- Texas House Leadership Fund: $32,000
- REPUBLICAN PARTY OF TEXAS: $30,981
- Texans for Rick Perry: $25,000
Federal tax liens were filed against his veterinary business property once in 2000, twice in 2005 and once in 2010, ranging from $5,000 to $21,000 each. Anderson has said he worked with the IRS to pay the taxes, but that there was a running dispute over what was owed.
Anderson has received substantial campaign funding from the Texas Veterinary Medicine Association, which represents his own industry. He has also filed six bills in recent years directly linked to his profession, including measures to allow veterinarians to fill prescriptions for their out-of-state colleagues and one to tighten the requirements for foreign-trained veterinarians seeking to practice in the U.S.