Last May during the primaries we debuted our Election Scoreboard, a customizable and up-to-the-minute dashboard of all statewide election results. For this week’s general election, we’re taking it a step further by allowing you to embed the scoreboard on your own website free of charge.
Whether you’re interested in tracking all 243 races like we are or just a single contest of interest in your corner of Texas, the Election Scoreboard fits your needs. All you need is our embed tool and a little basic HTML knowledge. Here’s how to host your own scoreboard:
- Go to the Tribune's Election Scoreboard
- Select the "Save" tab under each race you want to track
- Once you've selected all of your races, click on "My Races" at the top of the page
- Click the "Embed" button
- A pop-up appears with your personalized HTML code – copy all of it
- Paste that HTML code onto your website wherever you want it to appear
That's it! Your scoreboard is an iframe with a unique URL reflecting all of the races you selected. Your customized score cards take up as much room as you give them. Let them stretch across a full page, or squeeze them down to a single column, if you like, and they'll adapt.
We can't wait to see what you do with the Election Scoreboard on your site. See you Tuesday!
Texas Tribune donors or members may be quoted or mentioned in our stories, or may be the subject of them. For a complete list of contributors, click here.