The Texas Tribune is Hiring a Part-Time Staff Accountant
The Texas Tribune is a nonpartisan, nonprofit media organization that
promotes civic engagement and discourse on public policy, politics,
government, and other matters of statewide concern. The Tribune is seeking
a part-time accounting professional for a 25-hour-per-week position.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Finance.
- Accounts Receivable
- Invoice preparation and revenue tracking
- Receipt processing
- Collections analysis and follow-up
- Record bills and employee reimbursements
- Monitor recurring expenses
- Review and code company credit card transactions
- Monthly sales tax
- Annual 1099-MISC
- Process payroll and record related accounting transactions
- Weekly and month-end reporting
- Multiple account reconciliations and analysis
- Journal entries
- Fixed asset inventory
- Understand and implement accounting procedures and internal controls
The Staff Accountant will own the above processes as well as the responsibility
for continuous improvement and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in accounting
- Two years of general ledger work (non-profit experience a plus)
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Intermediate skill level with QuickBooks
- Experience processing payroll and related compliance tasks
- Quick learner, thinker and problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented with attention to accuracy
Please submit résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.