The Texas Tribune’s Sales & Events Manager works closely with the Director of Events and senior management team to sell, plan and execute live events in our new 3000-sq-ft. events space at 919 Congress Ave. The manager will plan and execute Tribune events in the space, and market and book the space to external clients. The manager will have a background in sales and event production, be self-motivated and detail oriented with an outgoing personality to provide exceptional service to both internal and external clients at all times.
- Develop policies, service procedures/standards and contracts to guide internal and external use of the Tribune event space.
- Cultivate and establish a client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses to secure rentals and ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Create, implement, and monitor pre-opening and long-range sales and marketing strategies to optimize revenue and profitability.
- Maintain client files and update information in accordance with established organizational policies and procedures.
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings, including post-event client surveys, Salesforce data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders.
- Arrange and conduct site visits and presentations for potential clients as needed.
- Collaborate with sales and audience engagement teams on event space usage as needed.
- Manage all event space bookings
- Direct the day-to-day activities of internal, external clients and vendors to execute live events, including but not limited to catering, food & bev, security, volunteer and A/V services (internal or external as needed) for all events
- Be present for all live events in the space (will include early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends)
- Plan and execute 25-30 Texas Tribune Conversation Series events annually plus additional internal live events as they are developed. Duties may include:
- Write event descriptions and post links to RSVP
- Manage speaker scheduling and all details relating to their appearance
- Oversee design and production of promotional materials, programs, signage
- Manage expenses to budget and submit invoices
- Manage registration, volunteers and clean-up post-event
- Anticipate needs and troubleshoot as needed to ensure that all events run smoothly.
- Must be personable and professional, and cool under pressure
- Must have a track record of successful prior sales experience
- Strong writing and communications ability with a good copy-editing eye
- Ability to juggle and prioritize many projects simultaneously with the big picture in mind
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to getting the job done well on schedule
- Strong discretion and courtesy when dealing with all Tribune contacts and relationships
- Ability to work well independently and on teams
- Willingness to work odd hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
- Facility with Google calendar, EventBrite, MailChimp and Salesforce
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and brief cover letter to Jessica Weaver, Assistant Director of Events & Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org.