We're hiring a grants and awards manager
The Texas Tribune is a nonprofit, nonpartisan digital news organization that is recognized as a leader in self-supporting journalism. The Grants and Awards Manager will work full-time out of our downtown Austin office to support the Tribune's success and sustainability. This manager will write compelling letters of intent and grant proposals, prepare journalism award entries and stewardship reports, and provide general support to the revenue team.
About this job:
- Collaborating with the Tribune’s development team and newsroom leads to develop, write and prepare case statements, editorial awards entries, and major gift and grant proposals.
- Writing, submitting and tracking grant reports in a database and managing deadlines for the development department.
- Researching and identifying potential funding sources (both foundation and individual), presenting new prospects and suggesting next steps.
- Assisting with the grant application process, including research, assessment of opportunities, writing and reporting.
- Providing exceptional stewardship to donors, including the development and implementation of regular stewardship communications.
- Updating and maintaining our fundraising database with relevant donor information and tracking proposals, actions and gifts.
- Continuously maintaining updated, accurate, high-quality development materials and general information for use by the development team and others.
- Helping to manage communication with editorial, finance and operations staff to ensure fulfillment of grant expectations and reporting requirements.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Texas Tribune activities and programs.
- A demonstrated expertise in writing and editing.
- A background in or strong familiarity with the news business.
- The willingness to accept constructive feedback.
- The ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and pay attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with staff across departments.
- The capacity to work well independently and take initiative, as well as to collaborate with colleagues and work as a team.
- Flexibility: Candidates should be willing and able to adapt to new and evolving organizational and funding priorities and to work occasional evenings or weekends as project deadlines dictate.
- A commitment to The Texas Tribune’s mission.
- Eagerness to join a fast-paced and energetic development team
About The Texas Tribune:
The Texas Tribune is a nonprofit newsroom based in Austin, Texas, dedicated to engaging and informing Texans on politics and policy news. We are read by more than 1.5 million people every month and have more journalists covering state government than any newsroom in the country. In addition, our events team hosts more than 50 free conversations between the public and elected officials across the state every year.
We all wear many hats, but we’re also big fans of getting enough sleep. Our office is a great place to work, and we're proud of the job we've done helping to make Texas politics transparent and accessible to the world at large. The Texas Tribune is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Downtown office with paid parking or commuting stipend.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Cell phone stipend.
- 20 days of paid time off.
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave, plus four weeks of additional job protection.
- 401(k) company matching.
- Support for professional training and attending industry conferences.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by midnight on May 27 using this form and add a cover letter and resume. Email Terry Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We can't wait to hear from you!