Revenue Lab at The Texas Tribune seeks a deputy director to help newsrooms become more sustainable and, in collaboration with the executive director, ensure the smooth operation of RevLab’s key day-to-day functions.
RevLab is a training and innovation center based at The Texas Tribune, a leading online news organization. Coupling lessons learned over the Tribune’s ten-year history with best practices from across the news industry, we host trainings and publish resources that help news organizations grow their revenue-generating capabilities.
The deputy director helps the executive director manage all aspects of the RevLab, including curriculum development, industry assessment, cohort and advisory board management and day-to-day operations. This person will represent RevLab at industry events, consult newsrooms to bolster their revenue operations, and coach participants in RevLab’s training programs.
- In conjunction with the executive director, assess industry needs and competing training programs to develop strategies for how RevLab can address those needs without duplicating existing efforts
- Develop and maintain working relationships with partners, such as professional associations, academics, vendors, thought leaders and trainers.
- Lead live group training programs online and in-person (post-pandemic)
- Provide tailored one-on-one coaching on various revenue-related topics
- Manage promotions, application and selection processes for training programs
- Represent RevLab publicly at conferences and events to share RevLab’s research and lessons
- Track key RevLab program progress and organize outcome data
- Publish about RevLab training and research
- Along with others in RevLab, develop a shared knowledge base of resources for understanding and tracking industry revenue challenges and resources
- 5-plus years in a management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or news organization
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of colleagues and partners — junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
- Experience managing diverse stakeholders, leading change and promoting strong teamwork
- Proven ability to teach adults effectively
- Superb organizational and self-management skills and an ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively and thoughtfully
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to provide constructive feedback
- Highly collaborative
- Comfortable with public speaking
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Austin, Texas and includes the following Texas Tribune benefits:
- Remote work through at least July 2021; upon return to our downtown Austin office space, eligible for paid parking or commuting stipend
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- 20 days of paid time off each year
- Up to eight weeks of paid family leave plus four weeks of additional job protection
- 401(k) matching
- Support for professional training
How to Apply
Click here to submit your application by December 31, 2020. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We can't wait to hear from you.
The Texas Tribune is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for all, and we encourage applicants of all identities, backgrounds, ages, and abilities to apply.