Skip to main content
The Texas Tribune-ProPublica Investigative Unit

Carbon monoxide killed a Texas mother and daughter. A firefighter was reprimanded after a delayed 911 response.

After half of a Houston family was found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning, reporting by ProPublica, The Texas Tribune and NBC News revealed that a fire crew had failed to enter the house to check on them. A firefighter has now been disciplined.

by Perla Trevizo and Lexi Churchill, The Texas Tribune and ProPublica, and Mike Hixenbaugh, NBC News
Lead image for this article

Texans need truth. Help us report it.

Yes, I'll donate today

Explore related story topics

Environment Carbon monoxide