You’re welcome to republish our articles and graphics for free using the following ground rules. Let us know if you republish our stories; it makes us happy!
Here’s what you need to know:
- You can’t change the story in any way except with two exceptions:
- Shortening a story for length. Just include “This story has been edited for length.”
- You can republish our photos and graphics as long as you’re running them on the stories with which they originally appeared. If you want to run a photo or graphic apart from that story, you must seek permission. (We don’t always have the copyrights to pass along!). Email our art department or our managing editor, Ayan Mittra, for help.
- Give us credit. Please publish the author’s name using the following format: by , The Texas Tribune. Link back to our home page, texastribune.org, in that credit line.
- At the end of the story, when possible, please add the following: The Texas Tribune is a nonpartisan, nonprofit media organization that informs Texans — and engages with them – about public policy, politics, government and statewide issues.
- Don’t resell the story to someone else.
- Don’t sell ads against our story. Feel free, however, to publish it on a page surrounded by ads you’ve already sold.
- If you publish our story online, please try your best to include all of our internal links and link to texastribune.org.
- If we send you a request to remove the content from your site, you must agree to do so immediately.
- Link back to the original article, which is located at
Because The Texas Tribune allows any republisher to syndicate our work for free, we’ve created a pixel to help us measure the reach and understand the impact of our stories. If you’re using the HTML version of the article, you can ignore this — this snippet is already included. If not, and if your CMS allows, please assist us in this effort by including the code snippet below anywhere in the story's markup. This tracker captures view counts and helps us break them down by date, your site's domain and from where you grabbed the article (for example, this page). No other information is gathered.
<script async src="https://dot.texastribune.org/analytics/2.8.10/pixel.js" data-dot-token="eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJ2ZXJzaW9uIjoiMi44LjEwIiwiY2Fub25pY2FsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGV4YXN0cmlidW5lLm9yZy8yMDIxLzAxLzI3L3RleGFzLXZhY2NpbmVzLWNvcm9uYXZpcnVzLW5hdGlvbmFsLWd1YXJkLyIsInNvdXJjZSI6InJlcHViIn0.YlLechv6StEBzwQ-F6_-IBL2BZC86pg4Ao1ykLOCM6E" integrity="sha256-ZJXQrLo0Ynf8hLbHdW7jHTl/xkk6bUAW+hubxjltcXo=" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
When socializing or republishing Texas Tribune content, please include attribution to the Trib's official social media accounts in your post: