Gov. Rick Perry appointed:
• former Texas Secretary of State Hope Andrade of San Antonio to the Texas Workforce Commission.
• Anna Maria Farias of Brownsville, Nancy Paup of Fort Worth, and George Schrader of Dallas to the Texas Woman’s University board of regents. Farias is an attorney. Paup is a fundraising consultant. Schrader is an investor and former city manager.
• Norman Darwin of Benbrook as Injured Employee Public Counsel, which helps with claims in the workers’ compensation system, to another term.
• Alex Meade III of Mission and Bill Dietz Jr. of Waco as directors of the State Affordable Housing Corp. Meade is CEO of the Mission Economic Development Corp. Dietz is an executive with Extraco Banks.
• Rob Kyker of Richardson to the Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education. He’s the owner of R&D Sales and Leasing.
• Angelos Angelou of Austin and former state Rep. Gerry Geistweidt of Mason to the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute’s oversight committee. Angelou is an economist. Geistweidt is an attorney.