Gov. Rick Perry appointed...
• Starr Bauer of Beeville as judge of the 36th Judicial District Court for San Patricio, Aransas, Bee, Live Oak and McMullen counties. She is a partner at Bauer and Bauer, and at Bauer Title Group.
• Roman Chavez of Spring and Cynthia Tauss of League City to the Board of Pardons and Paroles. He is retired from the Houston Police Department and now works at the Lone Star College System Police Department. She is a board member of the Texas Lottery Commission.
• Ellis County Judge Carol Bush of Waxahachie, Scott Fisher of Bedford, Becky Gregory of Dallas, David “Scott” Matthew of Georgetown, and Mary Lou Mendoza of San Antonio to the Texas Juvenile Justice Board. Fisher is senior pastor at Metroplex Chapel of Euless. Gregory is an attorney with Curran Tomko LLP. Matthew is executive director of Williamson County Juvenile Services and a municipal judge. Mendoza is an elementary school principal. Bush, Fisher and Mendoza are reappointments.
• Rod Bordelon Jr. to another term as commissioner of Workers’ Compensation at the Texas Department of Insurance.
• Ray Wilkerson of Austin as presiding officer of the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority.
• Scott McLaughlin of El Paso to another term as presiding officer of the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority. He’s president of Stagecoach Cartage and Distribution.
• E. Delbert Horton III of Cooper as presiding officer of the Sulphur River Regional Mobility Authority. He is an engineer and an assistant professor at Texas A&M University at Commerce.