Gov. Rick Perry is back, making appointments:
• John B. Walker of Houston to the Texas Tech University System Board of Regents. Walker is president and CEO of EnerVest Ltd.
• Joe Edd Boaz of Anson as district attorney of the 259th Judicial District Court in Jones and Shackelford counties. Boaz is an attorney in private practice, a former Jones County attorney and the chief of trial teams for the El Paso County District Attorney’s Office.
• Sheri Krause of Austin chairwoman of the Texas Historical Commission and Robert “Bob” Shepard of Weatherford to the commission. Krause is managing partner of JBS Holdings and the former development director for the Settlement Home for Children. Shepard is a rancher, retired American Airlines pilot and former air traffic controller.
• Three members to the Texas Medical Board, including Carlos Gallardo of Frisco, a senior manager of recruiting at DynCorp International in Fort Worth; William “Roy” Smythe of Belton, chairman of surgery and medical director for Scott and White Healthcare’s Office of Innovation and a professor and chair of surgery at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine; and Paulette Southard of Alice, a retired teacher and community volunteer.
• Three members to the State Committee of Examiners in the Fitting and Dispensing of Hearing Instruments, including William McCrae of San Antonio, president and owner of Beltone Audiology and Hearing Aids; Jesus “Jesse” Rangel Jr. of Longview, owner of Beltone Hearing Aid Center and a licensed hearing aid dealer; and Barbara Willy of Sugar Land, former senior manager of operational excellence for Siemens Hearing Instruments North America Headquarters in New Jersey.