Rep. Sylvester Turner District 139 (D-Houston)
- B.A., University of Houston; J.D., Harvard University
- Appropriations (Vice-Chair)
- State Affairs
- Subcommittee on Articles I, IV & V (Chair)
- Conference Committee on SB 1 (Budget)
Sources of Income
- He is a partner at Barnes & Turner, which owns a title company. He specializes in personal Injury and medical malpractice litigation, commercial law litigation and other civil matters.
- In 2010, he reported six retainers for Houston-based businesses, each worth $25,000 or more: Riverside Hospital, Centerpoint Energy, Ollie Hilliard/Jamie's House Charter School, 3D Visions Planning Consultants, Linebarger, Goggan, Balir & Simpson, and Highland Village Holding Inc. Turner said he doesn't do the firm's legal work for Centerpoint. He does some work for Highland Village and Riverside. He does some advising for Hilliard, but the primary attorney is another lawyer at his firm. Other lawyers do most of the work for 3D Vision and Linebarger, he said.
- Residential property in Houston valued at $249,338