Rep. Philip Cortez District 117 (D-San Antonio)
- BA, Political Science University of Texas at San Antonio; Master's Public Administration,University of Texas at San Antonio; Ph.d Educational Administration, University of Texas at Austin
- Homeland Security & Public Safety
- Public Health
Sources of Income
Cortez is an adjunct political science instructor at Texas A&M University-San Antonio.
He is employed as a community resource advocate at the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center.
He is a doctoral student at the University of Texas at Austin in educational administration.
His wife, Leticia Cantu, has worked on local political campaigns — including those of San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro and his twin, Congressman Joaquin Castro — and filled in for Cortez on the San Antonio City Council when he was called into active duty for the Air Force.
Residential property in San Antonio valued at $157,890
- Mostyn Law Firm: $45,000
- Texans for Insurance Reform: $40,000
- One Texas PAC: $25,700
- Texas HDCC: $20,000
- Texas Parent PAC: $19,825
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association: $15,500
- Matthew Starr: $7,200
- Julian Castro for Mayor Campaign: $6,500
- San Antonio Professional Firefighters PAC: $6,000
- Roy Terracina: $5,500