Rep. Paul Workman District 47 (R-Austin)
Sources of Income
Workman is the founder of Austin-based Workman Commercial Construction Services, Ltd.
He is the director of development for T. Stacy & Associates Inc.
He has an interest in The Workman Companies LLC and Brock Bluebonnet Ltd., both of Austin.
Residential property in Spicewood valued at $453,716
Residential property in Buchanan Dam valued at $164,070
- Associated Republicans of Texas Campaign Fund: $72,250
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $67,977
- HOUSTON ASSOCIATED GENERAL CONTRACTORS PAC: $55,500
- Republican Party of Texas Texas Victory State Account: $50,000
- AGC-PAC: $35,000
- Texas Building Branch - AGC PAC: $25,000
- Bob Perry: $17,500
- ACG-Texas Building Branch PAC: $17,260
- Grass Roots Institute of Texas PAC: $11,621
- Lake Travis Republican PAC: $11,000
In 2011, Workman filed HB 958, which would have limited rewards for lawsuits over construction defects. Workman was previously a defendant in such a suit. The bill did not pass.
In 2011, he filed HB 1041 to give construction contractors the right to sue the state, which traditionally has sovereign immunity, over contractual disputes. The bill did not pass.
HB 611, another bill Workman filed in 2011, would have prevented the state from perfoming its own construction projects if commercial companies wanted to bid on the projects instead. The bill did not pass.