- B.A. from University of Texas at Arlington, J.D. from Southern Methodist University
- Michele Sheets
- Local & Consent Calendars
- Homeland Security & Public Safety
- Financial Statements
Sources of Income
- Sheets is an attorney at Payne & Blanchard LLP.
- His wife, Michele, is an attorney at Burford & Ryburn LLP.
- He owns stock in a number of energy companies (XTO Energy, Crosstex Energy, Exxon Mobil, BP), construction companies (Caterpillar, Home Depot), telecommunication companies (AT&T, Verizon) and food companies (Dr Pepper Group, Del Monte).
- Residence in Dallas valued at $254,550
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $222,275
- ART Campaign Fund: $125,000
- Associated Republicans of Texas: $101,800
- Bob Perry: $62,500
- Texas Republican Representatives Campaign Committee: $50,000
- Trevor Rees-Jones: $35,000
- Conservative Republicans of Texas PAC: $30,718
- Trevor Reese Jones: $20,000
- REPUBLICAN PARTY OF TEXAS: $17,968
- RIDDLE & WILLIAMS P.C.: $13,616
- Sheets, an attorney, was an author of HB 274, a tort reform bill that passed in 2011. The bill is known as "loser pays" because it passed the costs of lawsuits deemed frivoulous along to the plaintiff in an effort to discourage such suits.