Sen. Kel Seliger District 31 (R-Amarillo )
- Business Executive, Aviation
- Dartmouth College
- Open Government
- Senate Select Committee on Redistricting (Chair)
- Higher Education (Chair)
- Natural Resources
Sources of Income
Seliger is the manager of Klockner/Lake Steel. He is also a licensed commercial pilot and flight instructor.
Seliger owns an interest in FrogAir LLC.
He and his wife own a large portfolio of stocks, including Duke Realty, Chevron, Cisco, Comcast, ConocoPhillips, AllState, Archer Daniels Midland, AT&T, Novartis, Roche Holdings, LVMH Moet Hennessy, Allianz, Xerox, Quest Diagnostics, Travelers, Verizon, Waste Management, Williams Cos., Merck, Motorola, Pfizer, Progress Energy, Union Pacific, United Technologies, IBM, Goldman Sachs and Google. Their income-producing investments include Verizon, Progress Energy, AT&T, Honeywell, Monsanto, Bell County and the University of Texas.
Residence in Amarillo valued at $373,469
Condo in Austin valued at $316,661
Residence in Pebble Beach, Calif., valued at $1,025,000
- Texas Medical Assoc. TEXPAC: $72,279
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $42,930
- University of Houston PAC: $42,125
- Charles C. Butt: $40,000
- Texas Association of Realtors: $40,000
- TREPAC/Texas Association of Realtors PAC: $35,971
- Licensed Beverage Distributors PAC: $30,500
- Texans for Economic Development PAC: $30,000
- The Chickasaw Nation: $30,000
- Trevor L. Ahlberg: $29,500
Several of the companies in which Seliger and his wife own stock are regulated by the state, have a steady lobby presence or have business before the state. The Seligers also have income-producing investments in companies the senator could encounter in his state job.