Sen. Kel Seliger District 31 (R-Amarillo )
- Aviation, Business Executive
- Dartmouth College
- Higher Education (Chair)
- Select Committee on Government Facilities
- Natural Resources and Economic Development
- Business & Commerce
Sources of Income
Seliger is the manager of Klockner/Lake Steel. He is also a licensed commercial pilot and flight instructor.
Seliger owns an interest in FrogAir LLC.
He and his wife own a large portfolio of stocks, including Duke Realty, Chevron, Cisco, Comcast, ConocoPhillips, AllState, Archer Daniels Midland, AT&T, Novartis, Roche Holdings, LVMH Moet Hennessy, Allianz, Xerox, Quest Diagnostics, Travelers, Verizon, Waste Management, Williams Cos., Merck, Motorola, Pfizer, Progress Energy, Union Pacific, United Technologies, IBM, Goldman Sachs and Google. Their income-producing investments include Verizon, Progress Energy, AT&T, Honeywell, Monsanto, Bell County and the University of Texas.
Residence in Amarillo valued at $373,469
Condo in Austin valued at $316,661
Residence in Pebble Beach, Calif., valued at $1,025,000
- Texas Medical Assoc. TEXPAC: $72,279
- TREPAC/Texas Association of Realtors PAC: $51,122
- Charles C. Butt: $50,000
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $47,930
- University of Houston PAC: $42,125
- Texas Association of Realtors: $40,000
- BLACKRIDGE: $34,107
- Independent Insurance Agents of Texas PAC: $31,849
- Licensed Beverage Distributors PAC: $30,500
- WCS-Texas Solution PAC: $30,000
Several of the companies in which Seliger and his wife own stock are regulated by the state, have a steady lobby presence or have business before the state. The Seligers also have income-producing investments in companies the senator could encounter in his state job.