- B.A., Southern Methodist University; B.B.A., Southern Methodist University
- Cehlia "Nicole" Newman
- Defense & Veterans' Affairs (Chair)
- State Affairs
- Financial Statements
Sources of Income
- Menéndez is the vice president of Stewart Title Guaranty Co.
- Residence in San Antonio valued at $147,840
- Bob Perry: $17,500
- Valero PAC: $14,000
- TREPAC: $12,500
- USAA Employee PAC: $12,330
- Wholesale Beer Distributors of Texas PAC: $10,224
- Charles Butt: $9,500
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $9,500
- Texas Partnership: $9,327
- Licensed Beverage Distributors PAC: $9,000
- BAKER BOTTS AMICUS FUND: $8,750
- Menéndez, one of the Legislature's key advocates for legalizing casino gambling and other gaming in Texas, was flown to Las Vegas by lobbyist Chris Shields in 2009 to "explore matters directly related to the duties of a member of the legislature and more specifically that are in connection with legislation filed by Rep. Menendez during the 81st session," according to a financial disclosure. The value of the trip was $820.
- In 2011 he filed HJR 112, which would have created the Texas Gaming Commission and legalized casino gambling, and HB 382, which would have regulated and licensed poker gaming under the Texas Lottery Commission. Neither measure left committee.
- He received $5,000 from the Texas Gaming Association PAC, a major supporter of HJR 112.