Rep. Joe Farias District 118 (D-San Antonio)
Sources of Income
He worked for City Public Service, the San Antonio utility company, for 30 years before retiring as a technical supervisor.
He served in the U.S. Army for three years.
No properties listed
- Texans for Insurance Reform: $103,691
- Texas Parent PAC: $55,915
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association PAC: $35,858
- House Democratic Campaign Committee: $27,071
- Daniel Kellum: $20,000
- Border Health PAC: $20,000
- TSTA PAC: $17,379
- Watts Law Firm LLP: $15,000
- Texas House Democratic Campaign Committee: $13,200
- San Antonio Professional Firefighters PAC: $12,600
He has served on the boards for Harlandale ISD and St. Leo's Catholic School.
As many lawmakers do, he accepted NBA basketball tickets from a lobbyist valued at up to $1,800 between 2007 and 2008, according to the San Antonio Express-News. “I appreciate what they do for me, but they understand there's no strings attached,” Farias told the newspaper.