Rep. Joe Deshotel District 22 (D-Beaumont)
- B.S., Lamar University; J.D., Texas Southern University
- Land & Resource Management (Chair)
- Public Education
- House Select Committee on Redistricting
Sources of Income
Deshotel is an escrow officer with First American Title Insurance.
Before joining the Legislature, he served on the Beaumont City Council and worked with Lamar University.
He reported business interests in WJ Staffing LLC in Beaumont. In his 2010 financial statement, he reported a $25,000-plus retainer fee from the law firm Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, which specializes in government collections.
Residence in Beaumont valued $325,900
- TREPAC Texas Ass. of Realtors PAC: $42,500
- Christopher Bell Campaign: $27,690
- C.W.A COPE: $20,000
- ENPAC Texas: $16,000
- Texas Construction Association PAC: $11,000
- Turquoise Council of Americans & Eurasians, TCAE: $9,300
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association PAC: $9,000
- The Chickasaw Nation: $8,000
- Valero PAC: $8,000
- Wayne Reaud: $6,000
In 2011 he reported he had "interest in common with lobbyists." The interest was listed as a consulting agreement with Carl R. Griffith & Associates Inc. in Port Arthur.