Rep. Joe Deshotel District 22 (D-Beaumont)
Sources of Income
Deshotel is an escrow officer with First American Title Insurance.
Before joining the Legislature, he served on the Beaumont City Council and worked with Lamar University.
He reported business interests in WJ Staffing LLC in Beaumont. In his 2010 financial statement, he reported a $25,000-plus retainer fee from the law firm Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, which specializes in government collections.
Residence in Beaumont valued $325,900
- TREPAC Texas Ass. of Realtors PAC: $47,500
- Christopher Bell Campaign: $27,690
- C.W.A COPE: $20,000
- ENPAC Texas: $16,000
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association PAC: $11,500
- Texas Construction Association PAC: $11,000
- The Chickasaw Nation: $10,500
- Charles Butt: $10,000
- Texans for Education Reform PAC: $10,000
- Turquoise Council of Americans & Eurasians, TCAE: $9,300
In 2011 he reported he had "interest in common with lobbyists." The interest was listed as a consulting agreement with Carl R. Griffith & Associates Inc. in Port Arthur.