Sen. Glenn Hegar District 18 (R-Katy)
- B.A., Texas A&M University, 1993; M.A., St. Mary's University, 1997; J.D., St. Mary's University, 1997; L.L.M., University of Arkansas, 1998
- Agriculture, Rural Affairs & Homeland Security
- Natural Resources
- Nominations (Chair)
- Senate Finance Subcommittee on Fiscal Matters (Chair)
Sources of Income
Hegar is a partner in Hegar Farms in Hockley, where he specializes in growing corn, wheat and hay. The farmland has been in his family since the 1850s. It is located 50 miles northwest of Houston.
His wife, Dara, is a personal injury lawyer and managing attorney at the Lanier Law Firm.
He owns stock in Citigroup/Citistock, USA Mobile Inc. and St. Pauls Travelers.
Hegar ran for comptroller in 2014.
Residential property in Katy valued at $750,670
Property in Hockley valued at $89,746
Property in Austin worth $236,114
Farmland in Harris, Waller and Montgomery counties, shared with other family members
- Charles Scianna: $151,500
- Ryan Texas PAC: $113,057
- Bob Perry: $104,500
- Kelcy L. Warren: $100,000
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $91,304
- Texas Medical Association: $66,565
- Brad Tucker: $54,500
- Texas Farm Bureau Friends of Agriculture (AGFUND): $51,200
- James D. Pitcock: $50,000
- Harold C. Simmons: $50,000